The Rapid client is a fully featured application providing the user interface for our device portfolio, including voice and data, portable and mobile devices. The application has been designed to allow our customers simple access to the host of Rapid features, utilising swipe and click navigation methods a client can navigate the extensive list of features using one handed operation with a minimal number of steps.
For example, to send a message the client swipes left, to view a map or navigation feature the client swipes right, a simple home button brings the client back to the home screen with one click. The screen layout is uncluttered and uses easy to understand contemporary icons.
The application is easily installed on both screen or non-screen devices. The application is either pre-loaded on a device or downloaded separately, with activation performed by your supplier. The client application is purchased as a perpetual licence and is transferrable between approved hardware. The application is designed to future proof our customers with an ongoing updates and upgrades program ensuring our customers always have access to the latest solutions.
On our voice devices the client is controlled with familiar rotary or button controls for ease of operation.
Features and Functions
- Always On (IRP®)* technology
- Instant, high quality group PTT
- Instant private individual calls
- Instant text messaging to groups and individuals
- Send and receive files between groups and individual users
- Personal safety: Emergency, lone worker, zone worker and man down functions
- GPS locating, self, other users **
- Quality of service indicator **
- User presence indicator **
- Take a picture immediately and send to groups or individual users**
- Deep settings customisation including – AGC, Mic gain, Bass cut, Jitter Buffer, GPS speed, Screen wake on transmit, Button mapping, Sounds on Transmit or receive.
- Over the Air configuration and updates
- Dynamic regrouping
- Background noise filtering
- Remotely disable lost or stolen devices
- Remotely locate a lost or stolen device
- Trigger alerts and notifications based on the geofencing function
- AES-256 rolling key encryption
* (IRP) Intelligent Radio Protocol
** Available on display devices